Including an image, photo or a graphic draws your readers attention to your post.
Some things to keep in mind when adding an image to a blog post
1. Keep the image in the top area of the post os that users can see it right away.
2. Ideally use images that you have created since you have full rights to use them however you feel like it.
3. Don't use Google Image search and grab images, respect copyright laws and make sure that you have the permission to use the images.
4. Be careful using creative commons sources, make sure that the license clearly allows you to use the image for your purposes.
5. Credit the original source.
6. Make sure the image is related to what you are writing about. (Unlike images above)
Images by The County Archives in Sogn og Fjordane.
- How to Find Free Pictures for Your Blog (dailyblogtips.com)
- Flighty birds: My free Creative Commons designs that keep getting stolen anyway (halfblog.net)
- How to Find Image Information on the Web Using Google Images (techrequest.wordpress.com)