Zemanta is a writing assistant that recommends you content while you write. It does that by extending your writing area, allowing you to keep the same work flow that you have while saving you time by not having to find additional content elsewhere. We support all the major blogging platforms as well as GMail and Yahoo Mail.
Step 1: Download Zemanta
Zemanta comes in three main flavors:
- as a Browser Extension for Firefox and Internet Explorer 7/8 (supports all platforms)
- as a plugin for WordPress.org, MovableType and Drupal
- as a plugin for Windows Live Writer
You can get it from our Zemanta Download Page
Step 2: Give Zemanta a try
To see Zemanta in action you should just start composing a new blog post or an email. Zemanta will be displayed at the right-hand side of the writing area.
Step 3: Personalize Zemanta
Registering your copy of Zemanta, allows you to personalize recommendations we generate for you. Most notably:
- you can tell us which blogs and RSS feeds to recommend you stories from
- by connecting your Twitter, Facebook and MyBlogLog account, we’ll be able to recommend you links to your friends home-pages and profile as well as show you their avatar picture
- connecting your Flickr account will mean that we’ll also search your Flickr photos
- Amazon affiliate ID allows you to earn money from your blog
You can also specify the way Zemanta creates HTML for you, image alignment and behavior of additional components like pretty image attribution and more related articles.
Step 4: Become a power user
Read our tutorials to learn more about the power features and how we can further help with your blogging:
Step 5: Become part of Zemanta
You can be part of our community in a few different ways:
- You can send us your Blog URL and we’ll add it to global recommended articles index. Learn more
- You can join our Friends of Zemanta mailing list, where we publish early previews of our upcoming features
- You can also email us address of your blog where you use Zemanta, and we might pick you up for featured user blog post!
- Help fellow users in our support forums at getsatisfaction
- Write your review of Zemanta and tell a friend!
That’s it for a quick getting started guide. Leave a comment if you think we missed something or would like to see a more detailed blog post about.