Zemanta helps you find great images for your blogs automatically and we hear that you love us for that. What we also make sure is that original author is correctly attributed so there’s plenty of good will going around and with it we’ll get even more great images to use in the future.
Pretty image attribution
We took a good look at how we insert images and we noticed that we can do it in a much nicer format, giving your blog a nice facelift while keeping author attribution in place. It’s best explained with an example:
If you mouse-over the image, the attribution will be shown and you can still click on the image to go to the original source.
For the ones that are reading this through RSS feeds, here’s a screenshot of how it looks:
Two new link sources: Wikinvest and Uptake
- Wikinvest is a comprehensive wiki of companies on stock market and stories behind them, giving you a better understanding of what they really are, beyond pure statistics.
- UpTake.com is a travel and search discovery site. We’re linking to their collection of attractions and activities in San Francisco area. It’s still a bit experimental so do make sure to tell us how it work for you.
Other notable updates
From the collection of fixed bug and improvements, we wanted to note the following:
- GMail integration improvements: Zemanta doesn’t overlay over writing area when Composing email in a new window. We also added [X] on top of Widget as alternative way to remove Zemanta from GMail:
- We follow even more new feeds
- Improvements to accuracy and speed of how fast we return recommendations