Surprise surprise! Z-Blog isn't the only blog about blogging. And nobody should rely only on one source for advice and ideas on how to blog better and consequently boost his/her business. Yes, I’m a regular guest blogger for Zemanta, nevertheless, Z-Blog has been my daily inspiration for months. I always look for Bostjan to inspire me, make me think, even challenge me or shake my way of thinking to the point I just have to respond with a guest post.
Who else inspires me? Who else helps me write better? Who else makes me a better blogger? Here is the list of my own personal Top 5 blogs on blogging – the blogs I check out daily. They're blogs I believe every serious blogger should subscribe to (of course, including Z-Blog). There is no ranking, nor is there a competition. It's just my own personal opinion.
1. Problogger ProBlogger is one of the most linked-to blogs on blogging. The man behind it is Darren Rowse, an Australian living in Melbourne. He posts really helpful tips on blogging, from the simplest to the most complex ones, tips that we need to be reminded of from time to time. He's thorough and his texts are easy-to read. He's been blogging for ten years now, so he knows what he's talking about.
2. Content Marketing Institute Blog It started with Junta 42 blog, which is now reserved for content marketing godfather, Joe Pulizzi. The CMI blog is now more than just a blog. It is full of industry tips on how to do content marketing right and boost your business. They update their blog twice a day; they don't always post about blogging, but blogging is presented as an integral part of your entire content marketing strategy.
3. The Sales Lion This is one of my favorite blogs. When reading it, I learn and I laugh – is there anything better than having fun while learning new things? Marcus Sheridan started a swimming pool company in 2001. Thanks to his blog, it grew to be one of the biggest companies of its kind in the world. Now he only teaches about stuff he’s personally experienced. He's straight forward and tells it like it is. Refreshing and really helpful!
4. Copyblogger Copyblogger was founded in January 2006 by Brian Clark who built three successful offline businesses before moving to a completely online business model. The Guardian has named his blog on blogging, one of the world’s 50 most powerful blogs, which is one of many accolades he's received in the past 6 years. Copyblogger is updated daily and it looks at writing from even the craziest viewpoints like a post titled The 7 Bad Habits of Insanely Productive People.
5. John Chow dot Com Canadian John Chow is behind one of the most popular blogs on blogging John Chow dot Com. I’ve discovered this blog only recently and have already become its regular reader. Our tips on blogging seem to be similar, thus I regularly check what I might have missed in my own posts on a particular topic.
What other blogs you can’t live without? What blogs inspire or help you? Please do share!